I went to bed at 8:00 last night because I could no longer deal with life. And yet yesterday was overall a good day.
Today sucked. I went to my first meeting and am currently at my highest recorded weight ever. Very scary. And then there was work.
I had two very sweet dogs come in today. The first was a 12 year old diabetic lab who was peeing blood. Yes, she had your typical diabetic urinary tract infection. But she also had a bladder wall the thickness of your average paperback. It took three needles to get through the wall to get a urine sample. So then I had to talk to her dad about the fact that she may have a bladder tumor. And when I made the mistake of mentioning an eye doctor in Spokane, I then had to explain that yes, the other vet who told him that she was not going to get her sight back was likely correct. Just because there are vets who specialize in eyes does not mean that doctor can perform miracles. Unfortunately.
The second was also an older dog who comes in because he is not feeling well, breathes like Darth Vader, and is getting some extra tumors. Well, he had laryngeal paralysis. In and of itself a big deal, but fairly treatable surgically. But not an explanation for why he doesn't feel good. So we did bloodwork. It was beautiful. Next was the radiograph. And there we go. His lungs were a disaster. It looked like someone had pelleted a million cloudy bb's into the lungs. This could be pneumonia, but given the lack of a fever or elevated white count, likely not. Probably metastases. And this owner is in the medical field so she understands what I'm talking about, and she understands the prognosis sucks. The lungs aren't good enough and the larynx doesn't work. No wonder he feels like shit.
And yet despite all of this, the evening has been good. Muddy lovey dogs just make my day. :)
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment