Friday, June 4, 2010

Catching up

I have been a huge slacker with the blogs lately.  Reading, writing...  I'm trying to get caught up.

The reality is life has been crazy.  Long hours at work, miscarriages at home, depressed husbands on the road.  Lots of animals, lots of rain, limited walking opportunities making it feel like even more animals.  Definitely enough hair on the floor to make another 100 pound dog all by itself.

But life is still okay.  House in North Dakota closed yesterday.  We're very slowly starting to look for another house but while John is starting to look for another job, I hesitate to buy and move yet.  However, house hunting this time around will be much more fun as there are multiple amazing houses to chose from, rather than a choice of terrible, horrible, or workable. 

I can't think of that many funny stories from work from lately except for the case of the appearing spots.  This little old woman brought her itty bitty dog in to see me because after she had given her a bath the night before, there were suddenly spots all over her belly and the lady thought her dog was going to die.  I picked her up to look at her belly and had to bit my lip almost all the way through to not start laughing crazily.  The spots were totally normal pigmentation that I can guarantee had been there longer than the previous night.  And when I told the woman they were absolutely no concern and her dog was not going to die, she burst into tears.  And bitchy me, I had to bite my lip even harder. 

Otherwise, it's been lots of routine vaccinations, ear checks, and vomiting animals.  Nothing that exciting.

But life is good and going to shear alpacas in Utah this weekend.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment