Sunday, June 19, 2011

Life has changed...

It has been just over a year since I have posted on this blog.  And nothing about my life is the same as it was then.

Well, okay.  I'm still married to the same guy, I still live in the same town, I still work the same job.

But otherwise?  We bought a house, DH is now home and no longer on the road, we have a baby, we are down to 2 dogs, 5 cats, and we now have 5 chickens (the ferrets are gone).  I'm switching shifts so I will now be the weekend vet (at the end of July when the new vet is present to replace me).

So a lot of things are different.

I also no longer follow WW.  Right before I got pregnant last year, which was just after I stopped blogging, my dad convinced me to read The Primal Blueprint, by Mark Sisson:


I was intrigued.  From the cover, it looked like just another weight-loss fad diet.  But my dad's a smart guy, he wouldn't be fooled by something like that.  So I read it.  I was skeptical.  I read it with the intention of satisfying my dad and then ignoring everything it said.  But that didn't  happen.

The whole premise is basically following a low-carb hunter-gatherer type diet.  Medically, it made a lot of sense to me, and it fit in with what I know.  I decided to give it a try.  I was just starting to realize that I felt much better in general when I got pregnant, and I got sick.  And I could no longer tolerate the sight or smell of eggs or meat in general.  So it was put on hold.

But now we're back.  And I am currently at my lowest weight that I have been in nearly 12 years, and still dropping.  And the best part?  I DON'T FEEL HUNGRY!  That was why WW always failed me.  I always felt hungry.  Now, I eat when I'm hungry.  And without the sugar swings, that's nowhere near as common as it used to be anyway.  (If anyone's interested, I have a blog about that lifestyle too:  http://becomingprimal.blogspot.com/).

So that's where life is right now.  I need to try to start posting stories about my job again.  But until my schedule changes and I can post during baby naps (when he actually takes them...), I'll still be pretty limited.  But we'll try.  Because, let's face it, my job (and I guess my life in general) can be pretty entertaining some days.

No comments:

Post a Comment