I almost got mauled today.
Handsome dog came in to get vaccinated. His owner told me right off that he hates vets. Okay, I can deal with that, most animals don't like vets. So I'm sweet-talking him, petting him, his tail is wagging, all appears good. I'm rubbing him, one quick stick, shot is in, he's still wagging his tail. Then he starts "Woo-woo-woo"ing. Aw, he's talking to me.
Next thing we know, I'm standing, he's full length stretching up to my face, I felt teeth on my hand, and his mouth was inches from my neck.
Seriously, no warning. Or if there was (which in reality, there probably was) it was so subtle that not a single person in that room picked up on it.
He was only warning me, because I felt teeth and he could have bit instead of just grazed. But holy crap, what the hell? And afterwards, he didn't stop growling at me until he was taken from the room.
The poor owner was almost in tears. Apparently this dog has never pulled anything like this before. I had to keep telling her that really, it was okay, I was fine, it wasn't her fault, etc, etc.
And yet, through this entire near-mutilation experience, all I can picture is our tech's face as that dog was jumping up at me and she realized she had no idea where to grab. Even at the time, it was such a confused expression that it made me laugh.
So then I came home and cuddled with dogs who don't care that I'm a vet and love me anyway. :)
Aren't they just adorable?
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment