Wazzu is a 13 month old heeler/rottweiler cross that I picked up when the humane society brought him to the vet school to be neutered.
He is usually a goofy dog. But the last couple of days, the goofiness has escalated. He has decided that this is his new favorite toy:

Yes, that is a roll of packing tape. I have not managed to get a picture yet, but he has taken to carrying it hooked around his bottom jaw. Now, he knows he's not supposed to play with it, so as soon as he sees me, he drops it and looks all guilty. Yesterday he had taken it out of my pile of packing things, and I wouldn't have known it was him and not the cats except when I walked into the room, he was standing 5 feet away and looking exceptionally guilty with his head and shoulders drooped and the big puppy eyes.
This roll of tape is nothing like his usual favorite toys. He has an orange cuz that he carries around all night long, biting and biting it so it squeaks and squeaks. To the point my mom has asked me several times what the hell she is hearing on the other end of the phone. He also loves the nylabones. A roll of tape is neither squeaky nor chewy. I don't get it.
However, this is not his only new behavior. Him and Boomer started a race around the dog house in the living room yesterday. I swear they raced around that stupid thing at least 50 times. I was dizzy just from watching, yet if either of them were dizzy, they hid it well. That game ended when Boomer ducked inside then jumped out as Wazzu raced by.
For some strange reason, I think the dogs are enjoying this whole packing process. Now if only they could grab a box and fill it up.


No comments:
Post a Comment