I am not going to post the story of the day because I would gross everyone out and no one would ever want to read my blog again. Suffice it to say that I had to remove a dead premature calf from a heifer with an extremely small pelvis, and it took me over 2 hours.
But afterward I checked my email, and found the email I've been waiting for. The acceptance of my application for a rental house in Missoula. I have a place to move in to now! And I don't have to hide any of the animals because she knows about all of them!
Have you ever noticed how things seem to happen in groups? Like it seems like everything is going either wrong or right, all at once? This is how my life has felt lately.
It all started last December. I got a job, passed boards, passed my competency test, and found a place to live, all at once. Things were going pretty good for awhile.
Then in October it all changed. Well, okay, there were some pretty big swings in between, but these are the big hills/valleys. In October, we had a "staff meeting" at work that was all about how much Jenny sucks at her job. I started looking for a new job shortly after that. And to make that even better, I had just put down my favorite cat, and DH was deciding that he didn't like his job either. All at once.
Now things are back on the upswing. I got a new job. As of today, I have a place to live. All that's left is for DH to find a new job and to sell the house. But things are looking up.
And yes, that was a very brief rundown, obviously leaving out a lot of details. But the concept remains. Things happen all at once. Either everything goes wrong, or everything is going right and I sit waiting for things to change. Like there has to be a catch if things are good. Because things really can't just be this good, just like that.
I'm not a pessimist. I'm a realist.
At least that's what I keep telling myself. :)
Monday, March 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment