I don't have very many fun stories right now. We're just getting into calving season, so life is getting busy. I've done two c-sections in the last week. The first didn't go very well. The calf was fabulous and huge (112 lbs!!!) but mom didn't make it. The next one went great. Yesterday, we pulled some baby lambs out of a ewe who had already prolapsed twice and was all scarred up, so getting a live lamb was pretty exciting. And it was so freakin' cute!
But besides starting to get busy, life at the clinic is also being exciting for a whole other reason. Everyone is finding out that I'm leaving. And no one is happy about it, except maybe a couple of the people I work with. I have had several people comment that they are so sad I'm leaving, and they really really really don't want me to go. One client and the tech I work with both almost started crying. And this all makes me wonder if I'm doing the right thing.
Well, that, and the fact that I CANNOT find a place to move into in Missoula. Who knew that Missoula would be so ridiculously expensive! I knew it was one of the more pricey places in Montana, but it almost out-prices Washington. Ridiculous. And given the fact that we are going to get barely anything back from this house in comparison to what houses out there cost, we're in a tough situation. We can't afford to buy. No one will rent to us with our dogs. Even when I claim that Wazzu is a heeler cross and don't mention the word "rottweiler."
This is putting me through an emotional rollercoaster. I'm sad to leave our house. I'm sad to leave the people here (well, most of them). We didn't really think we would leave, especially not this early. I'm excited to go to Missoula. I'm frustrated I can't find a house. I'm frustrated that we don't know when DH will be able to follow me. I'm not sure I'm going to love my job. I'm doing all of this- quitting and leaving everyone and struggling to find a place- all for a job I'm not 100% sure about.
But I'm doing it anyway. And today, while I was shoulder-deep in the vagina of a cow who had aborted but not cleaned out and was therefore filled with rotting placenta, with a subsequent temperature of 105.8 (for all you human people, over 102 is considered hot), I realize there are aspects of my job that I will NOT miss!
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You're doing the right thing. I know it. (((Jenny)))
ReplyDelete