How is it going?
OMG, someone kill me now.
I called in sick for the first time in years because I got no sleep last night. Don't know why I wasn't sleeping for most of the night, but about 4 in the morning, the migraine started. And was still present when my alarm went off at 6. Technically I could go to work with a migraine, but not my first day at a new clinic where I need to put a good face forward, and where I technically am not expected to start until tomorrow anyway.
This is why I'm going off caffeine again. I had the same problem this time last year- migraine's starting at 7 or 8 in the morning, well before I would normally have had any caffeine anyway. And I successfully went off of it until about October when I was studying for boards and it snuck back into my system. So I know I can do this. Two weeks of hell and it'll be over.
But right this second, I feel like my head is about to explode.
However, I've also decided to take it one step further this year. Instead of being solely no caffeine, it's going to be no pop in general. I don't drink coffee more than about once a month, and tea is about the same. So pop is my main source of caffeine, as well as a source of lots of calories. So if I'm not going to be able to drink my Mt. Dew, I might as well go off all pop for now. Good habit to break anyway.
I know I can do it. I just have to get through these next couple days...
Monday, January 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment