My last post seemed way too depressing so I'm inclined to keep typing. :)
I was talking to DH yesterday about how I want to start going to meetings again. I need the extra motivation (any extra motivation) and I've always enjoyed meetings. The problem is that historically (like 6 or 8 times) I've started going, lost weight for the first few weeks, then plateaued for about 12 weeks until I just quit going. Now some people plateau for unknown reasons, they're on plan but just not losing. Not me. I just fall off plan and can't get myself back on.
However, I refuse to let that happen this time. I'm going to start meetings again on Wednesday and I'm going to make this work for me. I have one pair of jeans that fit, and about 10 that don't. We're not even going to talk about all my snow clothes. Suffice it to say I'm wearing my husband's old coveralls. Thank God he's 6'3 and wears his pants baggy because otherwise, I wouldn't fit in them.
But when we were talking about meetings, I was hesitant to join because in May, we're moving to a town of 400-ish people in the middle of North Dakota. The closest WW meeting is 30 miles away. However, 30 miles once a week really isn't that bad. And he gave me another idea. When (note to self: notice I say WHEN, not IF) I get to goal, I could become a leader and start a meeting a little closer if there's enough interest. That would not only bring in extra income and be more convenient, but it would keep me immersed in the WW lifestyle in a way that might otherwise be more difficult with limited access to meetings.
So that's my new goal. I want to become a leader.
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment